Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The interesting dilemma of summer vacation...who's really on vacation? I feel like I work all school year long and then it's "summer vacation"! I should be screaming, "Yeah!", but instead I feel liking screaming "ugh"! I'm thrilled to be around the children more, but where's the vacation part for me?

Work continues, but now the distractions of the day have increased. Trust me, entertaining four children isn't always easy and camps can be OH so very expensive! Put in perspective, however, worth it at times!

Children gauge their time as if it is infinite where as adults we know it is finite. Trying to make the most of it often being the challenge as mornings quickly slip into night and the cycle starts anew. I find myself continually saying "cherish these distractions; the noise...before you know it, the children will be grown and on their own adventures!" I'm a firm believer that my role is to build their foundation so that they can fly and soar from the rooftops if they so please, but seeing how quickly my first born has grown...it is only a matter of time when I'll be waving bon voyage!

I digress. I started this entry laughing about what summer vacation means to me vs. my children. While they enjoy that they can stay up late, I pray they stay quiet enough for me to get my 6 hours of sleep. When I get up in the morning to face its challenges and facets, I am greeted by all 4 children rearing for me to plan their day's adventure...now try waking those same 4 kids on a school night having gone to bed at their appropriately scheduled times! Forget it, the alarm goes off and they groan and pull the covers over their heads. Am I crazy or shouldn't they be sleeping in now that it is summer time. Why the burst of energy while I try to enjoy my morning cup of coffee in peace?

I guess trying to make heads or tails out of this is probably as futile as trying to stop time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a mother to four beautiful children who have taught me more than I believe I have taught them; they have also been the inspiration to the products I have developed to help pregnant and nursing moms.