Sunday, February 6, 2011

Daughters and Sons

As I embark on a new adventure, having a soon to be teenager, I can't help but reflect on where the time went and whether or not I paused enough along the way to enjoy the little moments before she grew into this young woman today. Did I listen to her enough? Did I hug, love, kiss, smell her enough? Now she's "too old" for all that and I have to dig deep into my memories for those sensations and smells.

Is it, however, too late? No. I'm so grateful for these children. For the sounds [please translate as noise] they make; for the arguments I have to help resolve; for the bonds they share with one another and with me; for the love they have shown me; for the grace they show others. For being in my life and allowing me to be their guide.

My entry today is long overdue and may seem short, but there isn't more that I can add to a simple thought...and that is treasure every moment, sound, smell, and touch. Take the time to listen and to love unconditionally. Nothing in life is as important as your children and loved ones...everything else can wait because God knows and has shown, time does not stop.

Enjoy your children's adventures and make them your own; who knows, it may keep us young too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a mother to four beautiful children who have taught me more than I believe I have taught them; they have also been the inspiration to the products I have developed to help pregnant and nursing moms.