Sunday, June 6, 2010

Birth Certificates

I have been getting emails left and right from treasured friends about their children's impending graduations whether from middle school or high school or college. I swear...they all have dementia because the last time I looked at my birth certificate it said that I was 25 years old. That, technically, means that my friends children can not be graduating from middle school, high school or even college!

All kidding aside, congratulations to all those precious children who have moved up and congratulations to all the parents who got them to where they are today! I guess the lesson learned is that time stops for no one and even those youths who feel so excited about the steps forward they are taking....well, they need to step back and realize that walking to fast only gets you older not wiser.

Well, I'll stick to whatever my birth certificate says, but in the meantime, my hope is that all of us parents, guardians, and loved ones realize that the role we play is quite crucial especially if you consider how quickly time flies. We have this very brief period to set a foundation that hopefully our children can build their lives upon...one block set off center may lead to the entire tower falling down. Think, listen, learn...from others, your children, and your heart.


1 comment:

  1. So true....starting with the challenge of picking a name! They are wonderful but grow so fast! I have a two year old and I am pregnant with my second.

    I have a blog called The Children's Nook and I think my readers would love your products. If you are ever looking for reviewers, I would love to review one of your products! Thanks. http://thechildrensnook.net/

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a mother to four beautiful children who have taught me more than I believe I have taught them; they have also been the inspiration to the products I have developed to help pregnant and nursing moms.