Friday, May 28, 2010

Goals

Have you ever sat to think what your goals are in life...real goals, not just the "I wish" ones? As all of us know, you can have lots of "I wish" goals, but the goals that drive us are far different, far deeper and far richer once attained!

So tonight, I was sitting and thinking about goals. The "what do I want and why?" Believe it or not, it wasn't money...it was just peace. Believe me when I say, I dug deep..."what do you mean you don't want money? what do you mean you don't want beauty? youth? success? love?" I must have driven myself crazy before I got centered and focused. "What do you want Anita?" and the answer was so clear, "peace" - inner, outer, mental, physical, eternal, global. Then I thought to myself, "wow, that is an awfully tall order, but heck why not?" If you're going to wish or dream, dream big. Ever heard of the "law of attraction"? Basically, you draw that to you that you want...and there's plenty to go around; so forgive me if I choose to dream big...I wish the same for you.

To quote my favorite poet, Rumi:

The beginning, which is thought,
finds its end in action.

The fruits are first in our thoughts,

but only in the end they truly seen.

When you have done work

and planted the tree,

When the fruit appears,

you read the first words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a mother to four beautiful children who have taught me more than I believe I have taught them; they have also been the inspiration to the products I have developed to help pregnant and nursing moms.